A Short Description of Benjamin...
Benjamin Hall has grown up at Lehigh Valley Baptist Church and has been instructed more perfectly through the biblical training he has received His church. He has volunteered his talents in many areas of services through the years and in 2009, under the leadership of Pastor Doug Hammett, was asked to begin working on staff. Benjamin has been involved driving bus, website development, producing our local TV program and in any area that Pastor called on him to serve. Alyssa transferred her membership to LVBC after having faithfully serving in the body of Bible Baptist Church of Oak Harbor. Both Alyssa and Benjamin saw the hand of God leading them to Thailand early in their lives as singles they made decisions to minister with the Gaudets for extended mission trips.
Sent Out Under the Authority of:
Our Vision: Northern Thailand
- The Hall family spent six months in Thailand and the Lord made it clear that this is where He wanted LVBC to separate them to serve.
- It’s a border town, there are hundreds of people crossing between Myanmar and Thailand daily which gives connections to other countries that we can’t as easily traverse.
- Islam, Buddhism and cults such as the Jehovah Witness’s are hard at work at blinding and confusing the eyes of these teachable people. The longer time goes on without them hearing the truth, their heart may very well become hardened to listening to truth.
- Teamwork - As of right now the Williams are working to make inroads into Burma and Maesai has been the perfect town for them to train men who are seeking to know the truth in God’s Word and desire to teach their people. However the work is large and our church sees the need for more laborers in other languages in this part of the world.
- “Churches” - In the United States it may not be very effective to find Bible loving people in non-Baptist churches, but in Thailand it is the opposite. There are specifically Chinese and Burmese people who Nat and I have connected with that simply want to do what the Bible teaches, but don’t know how, and often end up handling things in the way they see others, who follow tradition or popular teachings, handle them. We have found a number of teachable men.
- Growth - Though many of the young people leave this area to seek employment in larger cities, such as Chiang Mai, the population in this city isn’t dissipating.